Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a Week - Part 2

On Thursday we had little princess' friend over. His mom had a bunch of stuff going on, and little princess and he hadn't gotten together in a while. I had him all day, and it was great. I got a lot cleaned and straighten up, a pile (and I do mean mountain) of clothes folded. They had such a great time playing.

Then as soon as he went home, we raced to pick the boys up a little early from school. They both had dentist appointments. Little Princess had hers last week, and my plan was to drop her off at my in-laws. But they had the audacity to go out of town :) So I had to take all 3. Not fun at the end of the day. I'm no longer giving her a nap because then she's up till 9 or 10 at night.

But the boys did great at the dentist. Especially Lego Boy. The last time we went to the dentist (and I'm ashamed to say it's been 2 or 3 years) it was the worst experience EVER! The dentist would not let us leave until Lego Boy had ALL his x-rays. So he was screaming. It was horrible. I was arguing with her and her staff. Finally I picked him up and told them that we would no longer be her patients. Ugh! It took me a while to find someone else. This new dentist EXCELLENT. Before Lego Boy even went back, she and her staff would ask me questions about the best way to work with him. He went back by himself and took all the x-rays with no problem! Part of the trick - it was "digital" so it showed up on the computer screen right after they took the x-ray. So after every time he would jump down from him seat, run to the computer to see the new image, then get back in the seat for more! And they had no problem with this, even though it took twice the amount of time. They had scheduled us for the last appointment of the day so it would be quite for him, but I'm sure they all wanted to go home. Another blessing!

Science boy also did really good. Although he needs to brush better :) But he was hesitant about going to the dentist again, after our past experience. So this really was a great experience.

Ride home was horrible. The one bad thing about this dentist, she's 35-40 minutes away. So coming home in rush hour traffic...again..not fun. But Little Princess fell asleep, so it did get quite.

Friday was a quite day. Boys had school. My husband took the day off, so we got a few things done around the house.

Saturday..busy day. I took Science boy to his "girlfriends" b-day party. What fun. They are so cute together, it's too funny. I'll post pictures when I get them. She is the cutest thing, plus she has Celiac Disease. So she loves coming over to our house, because I usually will make cookies or something. I love it too, because I usually won't make cookies, etc for just me.

My husband took Lego boy and Little Princess to a cub scout event that Lego Boy had.

Then we rushed home to pack the kids up and took them to my sister-in-laws for the night. And Charles and I went out to a movie and a nice dinner to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was so nice. The restaurant was wonderful, and could accomodate my diet. Love that!

This afternoon Lego Boy has his riding lesson. And then tonight we have part 6 of the financial course we are taking.